I know that you already have an idea what menopause means, or if not, you must have heard about it somewhere. Menopause is known to be natural in older women. It is a female biological process where the menstrual cycle ends. This occurs in women when they get older or reach the age of 40 and above.
Aren’t you curious whether menopause is for women only or also for men? Is there such thing as male menopause?
Well, the answer is YES! Andropause is the right term for male menopause. Just like how menstrual cycle for women halts, andropause means the downswing of testosterone level in men. Both cases are natural biological processes in both men and women. It happens due to aging.
Signs of Low Testosterone Level
Testosterone is the medical term for male sex hormone. Men having low testosterone level will result to poor sexual performance due to the declined libido or sex drive. Having this kind of deficiency is quite a problem not only for men but also for their partners.
Love is expressed in different ways but for matured or married couples, they express their love for each other through sexual intercourse. What do you think will your female partner feel if you suddenly lost your sexual desire? She might think that you are no longer interested to her and you don’t love her anymore. That sounds absurd right? Well, that’s just one in the long list of consequences of having a low testosterone level.
But I have good news for you! Medical experts have found a solution for this problem. You can now prevent the aftermath of having low testosterone level by treating this kind of deficiency.
First and foremost, you have to make sure that you have low testosterone level before taking further alternative solutions. How would you know that you have low testosterone level? If you have experienced the following in the list below, you are more likely to have low testosterone level.
- Erectile dysfunction is the most popular symptom of low testosterone level.
- You feel exhausted more often than usual.
- You gain more fats and weight.
- The sperm count will decrease which will result to infertility.
- You become irritable and impatient.
- You become too emotional.
- You will have a hard time concentrating at anything.
There are still many symptoms of having low testosterone level that I have not mentioned here. However, you can rely on the bullets above to determine your current state. Refer to the list of symptoms above if you aren’t sure whether you have low testosterone level or none.
Tips on Treating Low Testosterone Level
Male hormones will naturally decrease and it is an inevitable scenario in men’s life. Fortunately, there are many ways to fuel your low testosterone level. As men grow older or reach the age of thirty, the production of their male hormones will start to get slower which results to low testosterone level. This is the reason why older men are not active in their sex life unlike how they were during their younger years.
To avoid misunderstanding with your partner and to bring back your satisfaction as a necessity of a man, let me give you some tips on how to treat you testosterone deficiency.
- You can engage yourself with natural treatment. Eating the right kinds of foods and performing the appropriate physical activities can be very helpful. Take plenty of zinc and healthy fats but reduce or completely eliminate your sugar consumption. Maintain a normal weight and follow a brief yet extreme exercise routine. If you are interested in this option, you can ask a fitness expert or do some research all by yourself to know more about this method. You can find more detailed information about natural ways of boosting your testosterone level in the internet or in fitness journals and magazines.
- If you are not comfortable of doing the natural methods of escalating your testosterone level, try the other options. Testosterone boosters or supplements are now available in the market. All you need to do is to find the most efficient and convenient test booster that will work for you. Taking testosterone supplement is worth a try. You can search the internet and try to be clever in looking for the best testosterone supplement.
- If oral treatment seems to be ineffective to you, you can still find another solution. You can have injection method but this one is quite sensitive as it involves syringes and needles. As a patient, you must follow a strict guideline and take safety precautions prior to injection. Only professionals and doctors are allowed to inject a patient to avoid malpractice and complications.
- There are people who don’t want to engage with internal treatment. If you are one of them, you can choose testosterone gel. You will just have to apply this gel in some parts of your body such as your shoulders, stomach, inner thighs, and pectorals. However, there are few side effects when you apply this treatment like skin irritation or allergy. Consult your doctor in case you feel inconvenience using this kind of treatment.
Always remember that your health must come first. The tips I mentioned here can be helpful to increase your testosterone level but it can also be harmful depending on your health condition or how far your body can endure.
Treating low testosterone level has become more popular these days. The whole world is affected with this issue because men are known to be the base of every country. Although women are capable of doing the things that men do, we can’t still deny the fact that men excel in many aspects. It is such a relief that the problem on low testosterone level for men has been already addressed.
Andropause or male menopause cannot be avoided because it is a natural occurrence in men. Luckily, there are several ways to bring back the sex drive for men caused by low testosterone level.
Whether you are a man or a woman, you need sex more than just how you want it. It will develop your physical condition, improve your mental capacity, and brighten your emotional state. It will also promote a successful and lifetime relationship with your partner. Thus, low testosterone level must not be ignored.